Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Taste of Things to Come

The snowbirds are beginning to arrive at the Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park and one of the "things" on the November calendar is a Strawberry Shortcake Sunday afternoon. Nan was still here and I like this place so much that I decided to stay another day or two. Anyway, we decided we simply must  go and have some shortcake.some shortcake.

For $4 you sure get your money's worth.

Here's Nan with Belle the Women RV mascot
The Women RV forum that Nan and I are a part of have a mascot flamingo bell and her name is Belle.  Duh!  Anyway I am Belle's keeper until the next get together in FL in Jan and it's my role to take her places and enjoy the RVing lifestyle with members of the forum.    So you can see her every once in a while show up in my pictures.  She is almost as sneaky as Buffet and she loves to drink so you never know when she will show up.

Yesterday Nan and I went over to Homosassas FL for the Arts, Crafts and Seafood Festival.  Lots of people, great ideas for crafts and good seafood.    I really like this part of Florida.  The people are so friendly and there are not hoards of people.  Now if I could get Disney to move some of its property and attractions over here, I'd be perfectly content to stay here.  This place gives me a good peaceful feeling.  Maybe it will be my winter home next year or another year, 'cause I'm thinking Nevada next winter but that's a long way away and a lot can happen.

Later...

2 comments:

Margie and Roger said...

I sure like the idea of a covered pool. Nan looks good - know you were glad to see her again. It will be interesting to see where you end up next winter.

Jeff & Barbie said...

You nailed why we love RCC and that area when you said "The people are so friendly and there are not hoards of people." How long will you be at RCC? We will arrive "home" on the 29th to Site 157.