Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Winter Home-Does that mean I'm a Snowbird?

Sand Hill Cranes are my neighbors

These folks are crazy about their golf carts.  This was at the pool.

My site fixed up.

Close up of my bicycle which got a flat tire quickly.  Roger is going to fix the tube tomorrow.

My site!  Love it!
Yep, I have arrived at my winter home in Davenport FL.  So far so good.  Thanks to Margie and Roger I have met a lot of good neighbors and learned a lot about the neighborhood.  It's a 55 + community and one of the guys at happy hour tonight asked me, in a round about way, if I was old enough to be in this community.  I sure was flattered. 

It's going to be a good winter.  Now what will I do when I get hitch-itch?  Go to the beach for a quick fix.  I am so fortunate to be able to do this.  I know it too.

Later...

6 comments:

Margie and Roger said...

Did I mention that the guy questioning your age is single? Just sayin....

cruzin2some said...

You are lucky to be able to RV fulltime. Sounds like your in a great winter spot

Travel Safe

Carol Kerr said...

That's the first thought I had -- bet the guy is single! Sounds like it will be a fun winter!

Jeff & Brabie said...

Enjoy your winter! It is a nice area and with Margie & Roger plus your neighbors you'll surely keep busy!

Sharon said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds and looks perfect!
enjoy the winter....and try to behave yourself! LOL!

Beckles said...

Sharon, do you really think she can "behave herself"??!! This is Carolyn you're talking about.....LOL! Great bicycle!