Sunday, July 27, 2008

Toad? Dinghy? Got it! Got it!

I had been at Becky's pool all day and was ready to get home. Great chocolate chips cookies, BTW. As I was leaving I asked Ron who his salesman was who sold him his Chevy truck. He told me it was David Nixon at Tom Bannen Chevrolet. SO I stopped by and David was there. I told him in 9 months I would be ready for a new to me car but it had to be towable 4-down. He said no problem and then began telling me about the Chevrolet cars. I reminded him I was JUST looking, soooooo, off we go to look at a few so he could show me a few things. Wellllll, one thing led to another and...

I did it! I purchased a 2006 Chevrolet HHR! It can be towed 4-down w/no modification! Chevrolet actually has three vehicles that fit the bill. A Cobalt, a Malibu and the HHR, I chose the HHR. It's very similar to my PT Cruiser. The model I got is the 2LT and it has a lot of extras I would not have been able to afford if I had bought a brand new one. Here are a few pix
Of course Sedona had to try it out too. She actually likes it. At least she didn't complain about it. I took her out for a little ride, she went right to sleep so I guess that's a yes!

I'm so set. I've got my Somewhere and now have a toad! I've got to get a baseplate installed and get the tow bar and I'll be ready to hit the road. Oh my, it will make me want it that much more.

Oh a funny thing. I knew I would have to call my financial planner, Chad, for the money but I was a little nervous, it was like I was asking my Daddy for MY money. Oh, but I got over that very soon, just a phone call.

I'm sure you were wondering if I had named her; well of course, probably will be the Grey Goose. I think it fits with it's 5 o'clock Somewhere, don't you. Gosh, do I see a theme developing here???

Later...

No comments: