Monday, August 3, 2009

Parksville Lake in Benton TN-Southeast TN

Another year has gone by and we had another terrific family reunion at the lake. The cabin is rustic, no air conditioning but holds a lot of fond memories for those of us who go down there yearly. We have already made plans for next July as my schedule is so booked already. As I am driving up from FL to head to the Rally in Louisville, KY, we set the date where I can stop and see family mid year. Thought it was a pretty good idea.

Sis Shirley brought decorations for the downstairs for all the birthdays which occur in 2009. That way everyone gets to celebrate and no one gets left out. So Happy Birthday, Moore Family.




My nephew, Jimmy, told us all a story about our great-great-great grandmother walking out of the mountains from NC (Cherokee)and how she met her husband and other geneology information for the family. He also sang a song that some of the relatives remember her singing which was a Native American song. Also, if anyone is reading this and recognizes any names and wants to contact me, post a comment and I'll be in touch with you.

I'm hoping in my travels I'll be able to stop and do some research in OK and ID to see if I can find more information. Jimmy is getting me some questions together that I will want to answer.



We had great weather and such fun at the lake. It seems we grow every year. We had two new additions this year. One was called the Gladiator, the other the Banana Split, no, they aren't family members they are pull behind the boat blow-ups. Can't really call them an inner tube but it is the same principle. My sis, Wanda, was brave enough to ride the banana split with her grandson, Heath. She is one brave 65 year old sister. Love her for her spunk! She survived! LOL

On Friday, 17 of the family went rafting down the Ocoee River. Then we went to the Ghondlier to eat and it was so good. This was the first time my gd, Taylor got to go white water rafting and she loved it. I don't think it will be her last time.

Nephew, Jerry got me a neon light of a parrot holding a margarita glass (well, it's actually a martini glass but I'll call it what I want! Ha Actually it was a replacement for one he broke of a dolphin. I think I came out better, this suits Somewhere much better than a dolphin, don't you think? It adds the ambiance I need to living.

Guess I would be remiss if I didn't mention the ping pong we play and how I had to relinquish my championship to son, Jonathan. That' all the space I'll allocate to that!

Most of the other pictures are of all of us gathered having fun, feeding our face and feeling good about life.






One things is for sure Mamma & Daddy made sure we knew how to have fun and how to love family. We learned very well from them. Those who enter our family learn quickly or they don't get to come back. LOL Actually it's not hard to learn, it's all about Live, Laugh, Love.







Later...

3 comments:

Margie and Roger said...

Now that sure is a fun loving family. How nice to have so much fun within your family!

Margie and Roger said...

Cool! Love your new parrot for Somewhere!

Beckles said...

Another fun and successful family reunion.....may they continue forever!!