Friday, August 21, 2009

Somewhere Update

This won't be a detailed update but did want to let you know that Somewhere is still in the shop. The brakes were covered by the recall but Workhorse took their ever lovin' time approving it. Also, several other jobs were covered by the extended warranty and that had to be approved. I got new tires. Carl Black Chevrolet was able to get the same tire about $200 cheaper than my bids at other places. So I now have new tires and they are on Somewhere. I'll really be able to hit the road when I get her out of the shop next Tuesday.

Not much else going on but I do have 6 work days remaining to work. I have 2 sick days to take so next week I have Dr/Dentist appointments to take care of.

I am having mixed feelings about retirement. It is scary especially knowing that I have worked since I was 14 years old w/the exception of the 3 years I was home with my son. I have so much planned that I'm thinking maybe I have too much "planned." That may sound crazy but I thought retirement was supposed to be laze fa ire, but then again, I feel good about what I'm going to do and where I'm going to be through next July. I'll put that in another post later in the year.

Okay, so I said I was scared, I'm also, happy, contented, pleased. I'm not looking back at all questioning my decision. I know it's right for me but what if the money runs out? What if Somewhere breaks down? What if I get ill? What if...What if...heck, I've asked all those questions before and have "planned" for possible answers/solutions. You know, I'm doing okay! I feel good about my decision and I'm gonna have fun!

Look out America, I'm on my way!! :) Well, almost.

Later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

You have every right to be scared. It takes awhile to get used to being retired. I used to wake up thinking "OMG I don't have a job". I think of it as a skill to be learned - how to relax and enjoy the results of our years of hard work. I've got the hang of it now - finally. I hope I never have to work again. Yes, you might have "planned" too much - but the good news is that you can always change your plans if necessary. Relax - you are going to love being retired! What's the worst that can happen? You can always find another job and go back to work - OMG I hope you don't do that!