Sunday, August 30, 2009

Retirement Eve

This is the evening of my retirement day. Believe it or not, I've been getting a little teary! Don't know where it is coming from because it's what I have worked and planned for for low these many years. It's all good.


I thought I would have so much time before I really hit the road but my 2 months are filling up quickly.


Theda, Cindy and I went boating yesterday on Ky Lake and the TN River. It was such a beautiful day. We decided that on Sept 19 we would pack a picnic lunch and head up river to Paris Landing State Park from Johnsonville State Historic Park and follow the route of the Navy during the Civil War. Should be pretty cool.


I'm about 27 days out from leaving on my cruise. I'm going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios Jamaica for 7 days. There are about 22 of us going so it should be a fun trip to get me started doing nothing. LOL


Gee I don't think I'm gonna miss working, in fact, good bye state government, it's been a good ride.
Later...

1 comment:

KC said...

Please give me an update on what you thing about Grand Cayman! I SO want to go there!!