Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Riding in the Pace Car


Sunday evening clients of Chad Richards, Waddell & Reed,(my financial advisor) were invited to attend the Nashville Raceway at the fairgrounds in the party deck. Me and several friends of mine (all clients of Chad) went to enjoy the free hamburgers, hotdogs, beer and soft drinks and luscious fried chocolate pies. mmmmm good!

Chad came by and asked me if I wanted to ride in the Pace Car for one of the races. Sure I exclaimed!
So off I go with two other ladies. I saw the 2 door car and immediately call shotgun. I didn't want to be in the backseat. We were in there for the 30 lap race and we went out about four times because of accidents. We didn't go very fast until about the last 1/4 of the track and then the driver sped up very fast to get ahead of the pack then ducked down into pit road. Whew, what a ride on the last 1/4 of the track! Weeeeeeee!

Always a seat belt.
Kyle Bush (yuck) raced as did Bill Elliott's 13 year old son. Can you believe 13 years old racing. It was a 150 mile race and he did fairly well. There was also a 17 yo girl from FL racing. It was a good race.

Later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

OK - I'm kicking myself for not going to the Fairgrounds with you! I ended up having a garage sale and Sue and MacKenzie stayed late. You must have had such a great time! Not many people can say they rode in a pace car! I'm so jealous!

Wow! Just a few working days left! Yahoo!