Monday, March 1, 2010

Florida State Park Heaven!!

Yep, traveled about 220 miles in 5 hours today to a new location south. Pulled into the park and the guy said you are in lot so & so and you have full hook ups. To which I said, is that state park full hook ups or is that private FHU? He looked at me and said, "yes, you have sewer is that's what you are asking." I must have had a pleased look on my face because he laughed and said to his co-worker, "I could have charged her more for the sewer, I believe she would have paid it." We laughed and I said if he knew where I had been he would understand my excitement. I told him I had been to Faver Dykes SP and he laughed and said, "oh, we have paved roads too!" Yep, I knew I had died and gone to state park heaven!

Seems they have done a whole new restoration of this area and it shows. My site is level and as promised, FHU! I have full bars on Verizon aircard and cell phone. I also have about 20 channels picked up with the batwing antenna and about 20 Spanish speaking channels. Oh, yes, I'm in heaven.

Had a very nice sunset, one of the shots was taken from my dining room table the other outside. My site is perched on a hill so I can see forever. An oddity for a state park is there are no trees which means no shade and when I pulled in it was about 74 degrees. Heaven! Since I am perched on a hill I have a nice cool breeze. I'm close to a lake where I'll be able to kayak and there is a lot to explore in the area so I supposed I'll be busy for a while.
Later...

2 comments:

Beckles said...

Your happiness spills over into your blog!! Sounds like a great start at this park! Enjoy......

Margie and Roger said...

Sounds like you have found civilization again. You will really enjoy that park, as well as getting to use your kayak. I had forgotten about those hills there.