Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Company is here! & Happy St Patrick's Day

My first overnight(s) guest, Cindy, flew down from Nashville today and will be staying with me a few days. I'm in Titusville and planned this time to watch a shuttle launch. When I made my plans the launch was for tomorrow, 18th, now it has been rescheduled for April 5. Oh well, the best laid plans, right. This would be a perfect site to view the launch because the campground is right across the lake. Hopefully I'll see it on April 5 at 6:21 a.m. Ooh! early but will be worth it.

I've met some really nice folks in this campground. It's a comfortable place to be. I'll post more when I do some things in the area.

BTW, I have been banned from Google AdSense. Don't know if you have noticed no ads on my site but apparently some of my readers were trying to help me make some $$ and violated some policy I was unaware of. Anyway, I requested a review of their decision and it stood. Oh well, one less thing I have to fuss with.

The day I came here was very windy. I just went 55 mph and focused but had to find a place to stay overnight just to rest and relax.

I had an interview at Disney today. Oh my how interesting. I had applied to work next winter and they called me for an interview. I thought it would be good because I was picking Cindy up at the airport in Orlando and I could just bop over there for the interview.

It was at 1:00 and the paper said it could take as much as 3 hours. What??? Anyway it took 2 hours. I took two computerized "test" and then the face-to-face. It turns out that they offered me a job as, get this; are you ready for this? Jungle Boat Captain! Okay you can stop laughing already. He was serious but I would have to begin work in May. Nope, won't work for me. I'll be in Key West in May and I'm not planning on working then. Anyway, Disney says I'm extremely employable and they want me to work for them next winter. That's better. I have to reapply though so there might not be anything open at that time. It's a hoot! Plus it will give me something to do next winter before I head out west. I'll be able to work 2 weeks a year and keep my seasonal status so it's all good. I'm looking forward to that.

That's an update with me. I know you have been waiting for me to get rid of the batter blaster, Ann. LOL
Later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aye Aye Captain! LOL Well at least you will be on the water! AND it's a heck of a lot better than pooper scooper in the pet area! I think they see what we all see in you, your sense of humor.
VickieP

Margie and Roger said...

Ha Ha Ha Jungle Boat Captain! What a fun job that might be! You probably would get to shoot the wild animals.

Glad you will probably end up with a job there next winter.

Do you know yet when you are coming to reserve your lot for next year?

Yep, I was getting tired of pancake batter on your blog.

Beckles said...

Your resume' must have included your previous experience of being a Captain!! And you were a darn good Captain!! Do you remember the large pontoon boat at Pickwick that started out as a staff meeting??!!

Unknown said...

Well.... I guess the position for Goofy was already filled. HA I could have lent you my eye patch for the Jungle Boat Capital job. We have official moved to Skiatook, OK. We moved our busniness and we live on the lake. Haven't got to do any fishing yet. Weather is just not cooperating. We had 8 inches of snow last weekend. WOW Sounds like you are having a grand old time. Keep it up. Talk to you later. The phone numbers are the same. Just an address change.
Dewayne & K'Lynn