Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Clear the way, their heading home!

Talk about emptying out! Today is the last day of the month and the campground is practically empty. It's a mass exodus as the snowbirds are migrating back to their homes. Yesterday was a buzz of blowers and water hoses, getting everything cleaned and packed up. It has been an interesting process to see so many getting ready to leave after a 3-6 month stay.

Carl and Jeanette, Lancaster PA, came to my rescue the first day I entered the park. I was in a hurry to unhook the Grey Goose that I dropped my 2 amp fuse into the black hole of the body of the car. Jeanette was there talking to me and she said maybe my husband has an extra. Sure enough, here she came back carrying the fuse and I was able to start the car. Turns out my site was right across from them. Carl is an retired truck driver and he showed me some tips around my rig. They also have an Itasca. They have invited me to park in their driveway when I'm up at Lancaster for the Sight and Sound Theater. Elvis is their English Black Lab furbaby. He's a big ole' boy. We went to the flea market together on Sunday. Sorry to see them go.

Chris and Lisa are from Buffalo. They are right next door to me and Liza leans out the window to talk to me off and on throughout the day. Their rig was delivered to them in Buffalo. In two days they had it packed and pulled out. Neither knew anything about an RV they just wanted to get the heck out of Buffalo before the snow started. They have a Dutch Star Diesel Pusher with a washer/dryer. They have been kind enough to let me use their WD so I could save some money at the laundromat. Chris taught me to play dice. In July I'm heading to Buffalo to see Niagara Falls and we have decided to meet up. They are deciding whether to go full-time. They will be here for a few more days before moving to Clermont, FL.

This is the first time of being around for the massive migration. It's interesting and fun to watch.

Later...

No comments: