Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st Official Retirement Day

Wow, was it exciting!  LOL  I went to see Dr Holmes for my quarterly blood work and to get my mammogram done for the year.  I know, I know, calm down, that is exciting stuff.  Anyway, had a chat with Lanny (Dr Holmes) about routine blood work and he wrote me script which included everything to ask for from the clinic I would use for blood work and the clinic could fax him the results.  I'm thinking this will only occur every 6 monhs rather than quarterly.  I'm on a limited income budget now that I'm retired.  I use Walgreens so it's no problem getting my prescriptions filled through them.  If they are like they are in Nashville, there is a Walgreens oln every corner of major cities/towns.

Then I went to Cracker Barrel and had a leisurely breakfast (in the middle of the day.)  I didn't have to rush, no crowds with which to contend.  Life is good.

I also went to a laundromat.  Why you might ask?  My wheel covers were dirty and I wanted them washed before I put them back on my new tires.  I have a place in Somewhere to put a washer/dryer, now I'm thinking that might be a good thing.  I didn't like being at the laundromat.  I have to weigh Somewhere to see if I can afford the weight in her.  Maybe the laundromats won't be so bad in campgrounds.  Who knows?  Oh, and 1 washer was $2.00 in quarters.  I remember the day a washer was .25 and the dryer was .10.  Oh, I guess those days have been gone for a long time and I just dated myself.

That's just a quick update and since I don't have to get up so early in the mornings now, it is 10:54 central time as I am writing this.  Unheard of a couple of days ago.  tee hee
Later...

2 comments:

Beckles said...

Sounds like a great 1st office day!! Especially Cracker Barrel!!

Beckles said...

Ooops....I think you knew I meant 1st official retirement day!!!