Monday, May 18, 2009

Fernandina Beach FL


While I stayed with Jonathan as he was recuperating from surgery and he began to get better, I decided I was getting stir crazy and needed to take a little drive. I'm sure it was good for him too.

Self-portrait!!

Where did I go? Back to the beach of course. This would be the first time I would be going to the beach by myself so I wanted to try it out. I LOVED it. I took Jonathan's boogie board because I like to ride the waves and play in the surf. I took a beach chair to sit in the surf and read my book, Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy. I took a sheet in case I wanted to lie back and soak up the sun. I highly recommend it, what a good way to release all stress. It's only about 15 miles to the beach and I was getting to drive his Prius which was way too cool.


I pulled into Peter's Pointe at Fernandina Beach and took my time looking around.
When we were at the beach earlier, I noticed a sign about being able to stay at the park for 24 hours. I thought that was a good idea for me to do as I worked my way down the coast.
Then the next sign read that was only for Nassau County, FL residents. Oh, well, that's the breaks. It's still a good beach with plenty of good parking.







This particular area is not commercial and is very close to Amelia Island.

The beach is a little shelly and it was tough to walk barefooted. When I arrived the tide was going out so it wasn't long before there was plenty of good walking sand. Just getting back to the chair and sheet was a little tough for a tenderfoot.







Three hours in the sun and I felt my 30 SPF was not working so well and time to go back and check on the patient. Man, what a terrific day it was. This was one of the reasons I really hated to come back to the real world and back to work.
Later...



1 comment:

beckles1 said...

Looks and sounds like it was a great getaway! Thanks for sharing it with us!