Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy Week-well sort of

I had received a phone call from Disney for me to come in for a 2nd interview as Fairy Godmother in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney. So Margie and I head to Downtown Disney for a look see.  It's a cool thing but it's a beauty salon.  Lots of little girls being made up like a princess.  Excited little girls (no boys were seen) were sitting still and waiting for the Fairy Godmother to work their magic.  And magic it was.  But it's a beauty salon.


Now let me take you back into my history about 1969 to be exact.  That's when I became a licensed cosmetologist.  Yep, that would be me.  I worked in a salon, actually we called it beauty shop then.  Did I like it??  Well, I'm not doing it anymore if that tells you anything, in fact, I only did it for about 8 months.  Yep, 1500 hours of training and a state board exam for 8 months of work.  Didn't like those "blue" hairs.  You know the ones who have their hair shampooed and set once a week, come in on Wed for a comb out and they are good to go.  Couldn't do anything right.  Nah it wasn't for me then, and I don't think it would be for me now.  Even though the clientele would be somewhat different, it's still doing hair.


I came back and called Disney and said, thanks but not this year.  I'll try again next year when I have more than 6 weeks left for training and work.  BTW, no where in my resume did I EVER mention the hair dresser gig in my past.


Anyway, Margie and I shopped around at Downtown Disney and all we found to purchase was some lighted ice cubes.  They are liquid activated and work much like my solar lights.  They move from red to green to blue.  Pretty cool and they look nice in a wine glass (mine happen to be blue) at night.

Game opening

Saturday afternoon Margie and Roger and I decided to go to the last day of Jai-Alai.  For those of you who don't know what it is (I didn't either) I think it's just racquet ball on steroids.  But you can click the link to learn more.  Enjoy the videos.  I was able to win a little money and that made for a very good afternoon.
Roger's celebration dance.

The Game

Another Game

This lifestyle is tough...trying to decide what to do next.  A day at the pool was terrific.


Later...



1 comment:

Jeff said...

We used to enjoy jai alai when they had it in Tampa BUT I'm telling ya going to see Roger do his dance would be more entertaining and I wouldn't lose any $$$.