Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When the Saints go marching in...

...aka Who dat! nation. Congratulations to the Saints winning the super bowl 2010. I just couldn't believe that we did not hear the song "Oh, when the saints go marching in, oh when the saints go marching in." Guess there was a reason they adopted the "Who dat" instead.

I spent the evening with Jonathan, Taylor, Dena, Josh and Meghan, the latter three being Jonathan's girl friend and her 2 kids. Good sausage balls (sorry Dena we devoured them before you got there), Rotel dip and hamburgers & hot dogs. Good job as host, Jonathan.

Taylor go her new Dell computer. She is busy getting it set up and playing games on it and having a good time. This was a delayed Christmas gift from her Dad.

My neighbor, Jack, brought his tire inflator over and checked out my tires for when I leave her on Thurs. Found out that the back four are low and were probably not inflated properly when I got the new tires. I'll have to go to a tire place to have them inflated properly. We couldn't get the inflator connection to the outside tire, not enough space for fingers and the connections too. What a hassle! I stopped at a place yesterday and they told me to bring it in and they would inflate the tires. I asked how much and they said for "free." Hear that Cullum & Maxey, for free. LOL

Since I am leaving on Thursday I took the opportunity to put a lot of my things in the bays where they travel. It's started raining and I didn't want to wait until they dried out again so got one step ahead of breaking camp.

Before I leave here, I'm picking the brain of my neighbors, Judy and Clark. They are from New Hampshire/New York. I'm planning the next leg of my trip in July through October and am asking them what are some good routes and good places to see while I'm out and about. It's fun doing research and chatting people up who have been there personally. Clark is good about road descriptions and letting me know where to stay away from.

Since it's raining and it sounds so good on the roof of Somewhere, I think I'll take a nap.
Later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

Hope you have good weather today - i.e. no rain. How are you keeping track of the info you are getting about places to go when you head north? I seem to hear so much, I just can't remember all of it.