Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I just have to share this post with you. I get it from the fulltime RV'er newsletter and boy does this hit home and say a lot. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2007/11/rv-now-before-its-too-late.html

Last night I went to the Lady Vanderbilt and Duke basketball game. It was a good game and the Lady Dores beat Duke quite handily. It was a good game and my seats are pretty good. I don't know what happened to the design of the gym at Vandy. My seats are a perfect view of the floor and easy to get in and out of but I can't see the jumbotrom from my seat. There is a huge overhang that prevents me from doing that. It also blocks a lot of the light and the jury is out as to whether I like these seats. The season tickets were reasonably priced and I got the Vandy tickets so I could have good seats for the Lady Vols when they come to town. See I usually end up in the nosebleed section for that game so I thought, hey, I'll just get season tickets and be assured of good seats. Guess what? I'm going to be gone to Cancun for the Lady Vols vs Lady Dores game! How's that for proper prior planning? NOT! Anyway I'll be selling my tickets (4) to some lucky Lady Vols fan I'm sure. Lotus and I went in together to get these tickets and since they are on bleachers we decided that in order to have enough room we would just get four tickets. Now we can take people if we want or we can just spread out. Last night was a blast. Theda went with me and Roy was going to go but I couldn't get him awake. About midway through the game here pops this person down beside me, it's Roy and he found me. Seems once he got to the gym, he asked the doorman about the game, unbeknownst to him it was a friend he golfed with. He told about me & my tickets and Andy pointed him in the right direction and he found me. What are the chances? We all had fun.

Theda and I were talking about the RV last night on the way to the game. She has never said a whole lot about my idea except that she was proud for me and that she would like to join me somewhere on one of my trips. Well, last night she comes out with a "I really think you need to go with a Class A!" What? Where did that come from? I said, "and why do you think I need a Class A?" She said I think they would be safer. I said, "what else?" She said, "well, with your shoulder the way it is, I don't think you are going to be able to do all that is required of setting up a 5'er!" Anyway the discussion went back and forth for a while and now I'm thinking, 'is she right?, should I explore that a little more?' I'll probably change my mind a million times before the big day. She does have me thinking. That's what I need, someone to keep reminding me and posing questions to me, make me think things through. You see, Theda is not one for talking much but is one for when she does speak, one should listen. The is a sly ole bird!

I'm pretty pumped about Saturday. Not only is it the SEC championships but I am meeting some women RV'ers for lunch. We are going to plan a get together (gtg) for some of the ladies around this area so that we can get together and exchange information and stories about the RV'ing lifestyle. I am very excited about that and I'll let you know more about it after Saturday. Oh, and we are supposed to scope out some camp grounds (cg) places where we can have the gtg and people can bring their rigs if they want. How about that, I'm already talking about rigs. Ooooh, I get so excited about this. More later.

I was about to forgeth DWTS, can you believe who won it? I love Helio's energy and yes, he could dance well but I thought Mel was the better of the two. OMG, I am so glad that Marie went out. If she had won, it probably would have been the end of DWTS. I like Marie and all and I know her fan base is huge but she is no dancer. Anyway, it's okay I just wished a women had won, we have had too many men win it and men don't have as many steps to learn as the women. I love this show! Now I can't wait for 24 and I hope the writers strike hasn't delayed that show.

No comments: