Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Monday, November 26, 2007

I started out on RV research about two years ago. I made a list of things I want to remember about what I definitely want on an RV. If I post it here, I won't lose it, hopefully. I also have put some brands I may be interested in.

RV Need/Want list

Room to access refer in the RV when slides are in
Table & chairs
Temp/Compass gauge in cockpit
Navagational
Rear Camera
WD ready
Ceiling fan in bed room (?)
Good insulation in roof & bottom
Generator ready
Electric Awning
Queen Bed/pillow top (real size queen) King bed changed into queen
Prefer Central AC/Heat
Electric rear jacks
Tankless water heater (?)
Desk area
Large picture window either back/side
Rear living room/center kitchen (refrig facing entry door)
Inverter
2 slides-not on awning side-1 living room & 1 BR

4-seasons/full timers-in no particular order
Americanarv
Alfa
Wyoming
Excel
Holiday Rambler
Grand Junction
Jayco Designer

I'm sure this list will change as I continue my quest. As I read the forums, one can learn a lot on these forums, I find out which brands have more trouble and which have poor customer service.
You see, I started 0ut wanting a Motor Home (MH) which is a class A. Now I have decided since I am going to be full timing, I need a truck and a fifth wheel (5'er). There just seems to be so much more liveable space and also storage space.

I'm luck, I live in TN so I won't have to change my state residence and my family & friends live here. I will have to decide who is dependable enough to forward my mail to me. Then there are things I really cannot part with. Those things will have to be stored so look out Jonathan is all I can say. I have pared down considerably already so I don't think that is going to become a big deal.

Sometimes I just want to yell, "why can't we all just get along?" I say that because yesterday I was reading my new Motorhome magazine http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/ . Someone had written last month to say that MH were hogs and if they wanted to get out in the open and away from it all, why do they pull their big rigs into a campground and you never see the people, just the loud noise of the generator and the blue glow of the TV, I took the liberty of paraphrasing. Well, there were two great responses in this months mag. that said it all. It put those people in their place, I thought. I hate that "it" happens in this RVing community too. Don't know why I am so shocked.

Did you watch Dancing with the Stars DWTS? OMG, that was horrible. Hope M & M get it but I'm afraid that might not happen. And bless Marie's heart, I know what she was going for with the doll thing, but it just didn't work.

No comments: