Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday, November 23, 2007 Black Friday

Well, ended up with plan B yesterday, what was plan B? Cracker Barrel. Roy and I went there around 2:00. The hostess said it would be about 2.5 hours wait time. Okay, we leave and try Cousers, it was closed, then we go to White Trash, closed, okay, one more place, Arnolds; yep, closed. Let's try Vittles in Brentwood, at last it's opened, we go in and they won't serve us even though the sign said closed at 4:00 they ran out of food about 3:00. Okay back to Cracker Barrel, oops, they have already called our name. Go to the front and they seat us immediately. The food was great and the deal was, turkey, ham, stuffing, gravy, sweet potato casserole or mashed potatoes, drink and pie for $8.99. Great deal and more than enough to eat. Both of us asked for the pie to go, 1 pecan and 1 chocolate pecan. Guess I don't have to tell you the mine was the chocolate pecan, anything chocolate!

Watched a great movie last night...Notebook with James Garner and Gina Rowlands, what a love story and I highly recommend watching it but be sure to have plenty of hankies. ++++

Today I had a bunch of things to get done but that did not include shopping. I hate to shop. I had my hair appointment for a cut and highlight. It looks good and I'm ready for the holidays. I didn't make it for Sedona's vet appointment so we rescheduled for Saturday. Needed to get my oil changed but guess what, didn't do it. Gosh, I'm such a slug. I enjoy my days off and don't want anything to interfer but there are things that need to be done.

Tomorrow Roy, Cindy (friend) and I are headed to the Nashville Flea Market. Have a few things to pick up so will have to fight the crowd. We are going to head out early to beat most of the crowd. I enjoy going a few times a year. Talking about RV's this is the place to see them. All those folks who go on the circuit travel well. Big rigs.

Read a few new posts on the women's forum today. Seems like Margie and I will get getting a group together in the Nashville area of women RV'ers to discuss issues and have a good time. Exchange stories, listen and dream, it should be lots of fun. I look forward to that.

One lady posted her accomplishments of backing, dumping and refilling water for the first time. We were all excited for her. I can relate because I will be nervous the first time (few times) I do those things. It's nice to have folks celebrate with you.

No comments: