Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday, November 24, 2007

It was off to the Nashville Flea Market today. I had a few things to pick up and wanted to get there early. I was there by 7:15 a.m. which is pretty early for me. Roy was going to go with me but I couldn't get him awake. Cindy was going to go with me but couldn't at the last minute, so I went alone and that was just fine with me.

It was almost like going to an RV show. My oh my, the RV's that were there. Everything from the really large Class A's to the B. I saw two beautiful 5'ers. Wish I could have gone in them but the owners were not there, probably working.

I picked up Sedona a coat at the flea market. It is corduroy lined with fleece. It looks very good on her. I'm glad she now has something a little warmer. I'm looking for some reflectors to go on it so I can keep up with her in the dark. I'm sure I'll find something. I also picked up some little bones for treats. They are just perfect for Sedona.
I picked up a few Christmas presents.

It was such a beautiful day. A little chilly but not too bad. It was a great morning.

I came back to pick up Sedona. It was time for her to go to the vet for her yearly check-up. Three shots, nails clipped and a general checkup and $151.00 later, Sedona is a healthy little girl. She now weighs 6.2 lbs. I thought she might be up to 7 but what do they say, scales don't lie. Yeah, right! That's all done for another year.

Stopped by to see Cindy W, my friend. Her mother and some of her friends were in town and it had been this time last year since Sedona and I had seen her. Her mother, Wilma, had wanted to get Sedona's litter mate sister last year but decided she was too small. Now having seen the size Sedona grew to, she wishes she had gotten her. Oh well! It was good to see them.

I got home just in time to see the kickoff of the Tennessee Vs Kentucky game. OMG, it went into 5 OT's and TN pulled it out with a score of 52-50. We will go to the SEC championship game next weekend with LSU. Hope it will be a good game and we don't get slaughtered. Guess Fat Phil will get to keep his job.

Talked to Jonathan this evening. He had a good Turkey day and when Taylor returned from visiting her Mom they put up their Christmas tree. He is such a good single parent. He is learning to expand his cooking expertise. He really is getting good with the Rachel Ray 30-minute meals. He has to do things quick because of the time constraints with swim practice, homework and general evening things. I can relate to him because I was a single parent too. I think he is far superior to me and for that I am thankful. He's my pride and joy. I'm proud of them.

That's about all to report for today. I'll visit with you tomorrow.

Oh, here is one I heard and I really like it: It's hard to listen if you already know everything! unknown

1 comment:

TRN2001 said...

Hey Carolyn I think this is a great idea. I hope all is well with you. Michael and the kids are all fine. I too am good. I am glad you are allowing us to join you on your journey
well I guess I will go for now.
Love ya
Teri