Sunday, October 17, 2010

Montgomery Bell State Park and Friends of State Park Conference



Last weekend I went to Montgomery Bell State Park for a Friends of State Park Conference. The campground was crowded, no it was full! I suppose I got the last large site because a friend had put a small tent on it to save it for us. Us, being Theda and I.

I was in site 48 which had full hook-ups (fhu) and plenty of space for Somewhere. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend. We stayed until Monday so we could avoid the mass exodus on Sunday. Good decision.

The sessions for the conference were very helpful. There were a variety which would appeal to every person there. I particularly liked the ones about using media to get the word out about the friends group and the session on what is the sound bite you want people to know about your park and friends group. Very thought provoking. I especially enjoyed getting to know the other friends of Johnsonville State Historic Area better.

The food was catered by the park for our group and it was delicious. They also provided good entertainment. The weather was perfect and it was a great conference.
Later...

1 comment:

Beckles said...

Looks like a great campground.....the tent looks so teeny-tiny with Somewhere in the background!!