Saturday, January 16, 2010

Savannah Ga-Swim Meet




One of the things I looked forward to when I retired was to get to enjoy Taylor's swimming. I had lived so far away I had not been able to attend many meets. It just so happened that this weekend was my treat.

Here I sit in the Prius about 4:30 Saturday afternoon in the pouring rain. I came outside to get away from the fumes of chlorine of the indoor pool. Taylor was finished with all her events/heats and I wanted to come out to where it was a little more comfy for Gran to sit.

As an afterthought I put my computer in the car this morning and am so glad that I did. We actually came last night. She had one event. It was a 1650 or 1 mile and she trimmed 2.24 minutes off her previous time. Everybody was very excited for her. She has one more opportunity to trim another .16 off her time to qualify for State. See I'm learning all this jargon. I have learned that you really don't do it to win but to improve your time (not score.) LOL She didn't do too well today on her events, as she was trying to tell me that her knee went out a different way than it should and etc, etc.

She is a great swimmer and she loves doing it. Her dad has become a referee/judge and works the events. That is why I'm in the car waiting on him to finish his job even though Taylor is finished. Here are a couple of shots of I got of them doing their thing.





later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

How lucky you are to get to see Taylor at her swim meets. I know she is really happy that you are able to be there.

Also meant to tell you that your RV Women slideshow was pretty cool - especially adding the snowflakes.