Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I have found my core, and it hurts.

I must ask what all those years sitting behind a desk in front of a computer has done to me. My core was lost but now is found or at least a little bit of it anyway. I've been taking water aerobics in the mornings at the Camden County Recreation Center for free. It's a great service this county provides for it's senior residents.

It has been fun. It has been cold. I am learning some things I can do with my noodle when I don't have formal lessons in a pool. I can do most of these things in the lake if need be. These women are a hoot. Lots of energy and they have a great outlook on life.

I played ping-pong with Jonathan a few nights ago and he beat me. That hasn't been done in quite a while and I would even venture to say probably five times in our ping pong years together. When he was little, I bought a ping pong table and put it in my living room/dining room combo and we would play all the time. I'll have to say I'm a little rusty. Jonathan's friend, Dena, invited me to her house for dinner and she has a pool table. She said she had heard how good I am and couldn't wait to watch me and Jonathan play. Well, the heat was on and I choked! Yep, he beat me 2 out of 3 games. Her son, Joshua, beat me too. Man, is he good. I'd put my money on him any old day. I can't wait to play him again. I know it must be boring for him because I'm not much of a challenge for him but it was fun. Someone told me ping pong is good for the brain so I need to play a lot.

Don't want my brain to go by the way of the old core now, do I?

Later...

2 comments:

Margie and Roger said...

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. I like water aerobics and look forward to getting back to it when I feel better. I didn't know you were a great ping pong player. There is a group of women in our park known as the Noodles - they gather in the pool each afternoon to talk.

Beckles said...

"My core was lost but now is found or at least a little bit of it anyway." Previous statement (yours!)almost reminds me of a song in the church hymn book! LOL!! Sounds like fun.