Friday, December 25, 2009

Tifton GA

I have traveled 384 miles today. The first 120 or so miles were in heavy winds, something I vowed to not do but I did want to get south of Atlanta on Christmas Day and so we did and successfully I might add.

We were going to do the Walmart thing but decided to spring for a $20 FHU site for hot showers, electricity and to be able to clean the tanks. I'd say a great deal.

Sister Wanda fixed a big bountiful breakfast to get us started. Jerry came over and assisted in hooking up and we were off by 11:10 a.m. It was a good trip.

We only have 164 miles to cover to reach my destination for the next two weeks. Taylor and Jonathan will be with me until Wednesday so until they leave we plan on swimming with the manatees, hiking and kayaking. At least it is warmer down here. Outside thermometer shows it's 56 degrees at 9:15 p.m. Life is good.

My venture is beginning.

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Carolyn from me and Ronnie!
VickieP