Friday, May 9, 2008

What a week!

Monday was a pretty good day to come back from Bowling Green. Glad we stayed overnight. Theda drove back most of the way and it was nice to be able to rest & relax.

This week began with an announcement by the Governor that there would be layoffs in State Government. Then the news got a hold of more information and I found out that there would be the possibility there would be a retirement incentive. Man, oh, man did I get excited. I'm only about 7 months from retirement and if the Gov. includes years + money, I'm outta there earlier. I can start on my RV journey a lot sooner than anticipated. What excitement! What anxiety! I would have so many things to do that I had planned on taking my time to get ready. Sell the condo! Buy a new to me car that can be towed 4-down. Have the estate sale. Too many things to do if I get to go out in June. I think Chad (my financial planner) would just absolutely tell me, no, no, no. Would I listen? Don't know. I cross that bridge when I get to it.

Heard a little later in the week that they will begin at 30 + years. I should know something Monday, May 12. So many of us could go. If it's good enough, Becky, Cindy, Cindy, Sandra, Debbie, everyone but me. What is meant to be will be! I can't push it. I can dream though.

Got my computer. It is quite lovely. Sunshine yellow! Did you doubt. So far so good, I love it. I don't think Vista is going to be a problem. Now Microsoft office 2007 may be a different story. Large learning curve on that but hey, I've got all the time in the world.

Can't wait to plan a trip on my computer. I got the Co-pilot Navigator 9 GPS software. It's for RV's and has POI (points of interest) w/cg's, fueling stations, parks, natural areas, etc. I'll probably play with it soon. Theda, Becky and I are going to Destin in June so I'll plan that trip and see where it takes us. It has text to speech feature so the gal tells me when to turn and says the name. I'll give an update on it as soon as I get familiar with it. Right now it's a cool toy.

I went to Carmax the other day to get an idea of what price I would have to pay for another vehicle. They appraised my PT cruiser and they only wanted to give me $3500. for it. You have got to be kidding me! Too bad I can't tow it 4-down. I called Chrysler and they said absolutely not. Mine is a 2001, later models can be modified w/out problems. Leave it to me. My car is so good and has been taken care of, I can't imagine letting Carmax have it for that little money. It will all work out.

Been contemplating putting my condo on the market. While it's for sale, I think I'll bring Somewhere down and live in her. That way I won't have to worry about keeping my house clean & picked up and what to do with Sedona when someone comes in. I may wait a little longer to do that but I think it sounds like a great idea.

Weather is supposed to be really bad this weekend. I was gonna clean carpets and upholstery in Somewhere but it's gonna be too damp and it wouldn't dry well on Sunday. Maybe I'll have a lazy weekend and get ready for the yard sale. Sounds like a winner.

Later...

No comments: