Sunday, May 4, 2008

RV Driving School at Bowling Green KY

Well, it's all over, we passed and got a certificate and a pin certifying we had passed. Theda and I came to Bowling Green on Friday afternoon and we are staying at the KOA in BG right off the interstate. I had thought that BG was off I 24, but alas, it is off I 65 N. Makes it a little challenging getting from Clarksville off I 24 to BG off I 65. Narrow 2-lane road from Clarksville to Russellville and then 4-lane mostly to BG. In case you have forgotten how windy it was on Friday, let me just tell you, it was WINDY! Somewhere wanted to go all over the road and then the narrow road certainly didn't help. It was a challenge and just got me more prepared for the school today.
Snack time anyone?

Theda and I were scheduled for Saturday. I called Dennis Hill, Driving school owner/instructor to get final instructions about 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. He said well I have you scheduled for Sunday. I had a confirmation for Saturday. We agreed to change to Sunday. Got out fee for camping paid for changing. Apparently they had overbooked. No big deal. We were going home after the school but decided at lunch we would both be wiped out so decided to stay another night. Good decision.

The cg is a typical KOA, nice sites, paved patio, chimineas, tables, chairs, bench, very nice site.

Wish I could have stayed longer. It rained Friday and Saturday and rained hard. Don't think I have been out in Somewhere that it hasn't rained at some point of my visit. Somewhere could get used to staying in a place like this. OMG, this place even had a huge chess set. Can you believe this???

Anyone who is thinking of RVing should consider the RV Driving School. Dennis Hill was the utmost professional
and taught us more than just driving. He gave us tips on tires, and general maintenance of RVs. Very professional. Sedona was so good while we were having our lessons. She staying in her car seat and didn't make a peep/bark while Theda and I were driving.
It took all day. We started at 8 a.m. and didn't get finished until 4:30 p.m.

There are already several instructors from Life On Wheels up here. We went to one of their campsites and had some wine and networked a little. Talked to one of the Blue Ox (tow bar people) representatives and I think they have worked out a deal where I can tow my PT Cruiser 4-down w/little investment. Of course there will be more on that subject when I get to research and talk to some people. That would be an answer to prayer if that is the case. It's amazing what one learns just sitting around talking and listening to the people in the know.




OMG, this place had a K-9 playground. Sedona loved it. She got to run free and she even got to go over a couple of obstacles she remembered in Pup Scouts. She was so funny to watch while in there playing.

A few posts back I told you about the tiles I was going to put in my kitchen on the wall next to my stove. Well I finally finished and they are staying affixed so I suppose I succeeded in getting them to stay on. Here is one stage and then the finished stage. I think they look pretty good and they jazz up my RV kitchen for personalization. What do you think? I think they are pretty. I ordered them from harriettcarter.com and they were rather reasonable and weigh little or nothing.






We will leave tomorrow & go to Clarksville to get Somewhere in place and then back to Nashville. I'm expecting my new computer tomorrow so that should be exciting. Later, gator...

No comments: