Friday, August 27, 2010

Somewhere is Clean!!

Top to bottom, Somewhere is finally clean and she looks so good. After I finished washing her, I got the Protect-All out and started waxing. I was looking for a no wax on-wax off method but didn't find anything that would work until I got this first coat on and then I can use the spray on wax for touch-ups. When I went to the Life on Wheels Conference in Bowling Green Ky several years ago, I won a door prize of all kinds of cleaners and this Protect-All was part of that package. It works great on those pesky black streaks too and Somewhere is beginning to come to life. Whew, I'll tell you I'm sore from rubbing and climbing up & down the ladder. It's such a feeling of satisfaction. I would like to find those $100 guys who wash and wax that Gypsy Journal Nick writes about. Guess they are out West.

Not only did I finish cleaning but I saved myself about $200 today. My black water t-handle thingy quit working and it had to be replaced. Yep, did that. To say it was an unpleasant, double-glove experience would be an understatement. I told Theda I sure wish I had those long gloves that Vets use when working on horses! Is that a visual or what? Thankfully my tanks were empty and only a little bit of "stuff" came out but I had a bucket to catch & release! Yucky, dirty job but someone had to do it. It's amazing what we will do as homeowners to save a few bucks.

Later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn and nobody was there to take your picture!

Margie and Roger said...

You are a worker! It is funny what we will do to save money. I plan to wash my own car - I used to always go to a car wash and pay $$$. We paid $280 to get Phaez2 washed and waxed when we bought her. Won't be doing that again. No thanks for that visual of the long gloves! Sometimes I question RVers sanity - why in the world do we live like this where we have to deal with holding tanks, hooking up water and electric! Oh yeah, it's part of the adventure. Right?

Anonymous said...

You are officially my idol. What an inspiration for determination and independence.......

Tina

Sharon said...

Oh jeez, a little bit of poo never hurt anyone!! LOL! How many diapers have you changed? You haven't lived until you've had to pull a toilet in a hospital for the Developmentally Disabled and their favorite pastime is smearing poo all over the walls and toilet! ROFLOL!!