Monday, August 9, 2010

Great Weekend




This past weekend was a good one. My nephew Roy and his gf Tina came down to New Johnsonville, TN and we went out on the boat for the day and then had a great pot roast I had put in the crock pot. Then we watched the ending of shark week. How exciting can you get?

While we were out on the TN River we saw an ospry nest and there were 2 birds in it. As we got closer they flew the coop but I was able to capture one of them in flight.

Theda and I both got haircuts. Rita went a little overboard with mine but hey, it'll grow and it's so easy with just a little bit of product, it's spikes very well.

Theda took advantage of the no sales tax weekend and got a Dell computer. It is set up with Skype so if she can get a good signal we can talk to each other when I'm on the road. However so far, Skype has been a good idea but I haven't had anyone to talk to me that much. Guess it will get better.

I also decided to sell my dulcimer. I took pictures and put it on Craigslist. I've had three hits and it looks like a sell. On Wednesday when I go to Nashville to have lunch with my friend Margie, I'll meet the guy and he will buy it. I decided it was taking up too much room in Somewhere and I really have lost the enthusiasm for it. I'll just clap my hands and tap my foot when I hear that kind of music. I'm over it!

Later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

Sounds like a really good weekend. I had been wondering about the dulcimer since I hadn't heard about it lately. Guess you gave up having long hair for a pony tail. See ya at lunch.