Monday, July 19, 2010

Jello Plans

The great thing about being retired and having jello plans is that they can be changed! My sister, Shirley, had a bad fall recently and tore her rotator cuff and will be having surgery on it tomorrow. Shirley is not like me, she can count on one hand how many times she has had surgery, me, I have to write a book to list mine. Anyway, she is certainly not looking forward to her experience tomorrow but wants to be good as new soon.

Those jello plans? I get to stay in Etowah TN and aid in her care giving. Her husband will do a great job but I know from experience there are some things that a woman needs to do for a woman. Since I had this surgery six years ago and remember it like it was yesterday, I'll be helping her out. It's truly a blessing that I can change my plans to reflect my need to be with family during this time.

I figure New York is not going anywhere and I'll plan that for another time.

So now, what am I gonna do? There are a few options, the woman's forum is having an Arkansas gtg that I may make plans to go, I could stay put at Theda's and help her get some things done around the house or who knows??? Jello, baby. When I figure it out, I'll post and let you know. I want someplace cooler than here.

Later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could convince Theda to come to the GTG with you..... But come...

Tina

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tina! Yall need to come! We'll put extra Carolyn's Cooler supplies on Mitch's list!

Sharon said...

ARKANSAS, ARKANSAS, ARKANSAS SHISH BOOM BAH! She cheers as she waves her flags and does the splits! Bring Theda!!!

Beckles said...

Or you could fly out west!! It is hot, but it's dry heat! We do have air conditioning!! LOL!!! I know you'll enjoy whatever you do and where ever you go.