Monday, April 4, 2011

Just another day in the Park

It started off being a busy day with my neighbors getting a boring for a sink hole at their property.  They had suspected for some time there may be a sink hole.  Their insurance company had an engineering and drilling company come out and so some boring sample.  It was sure interesting and caused quite a stir in the neighborhood.  My place was at "court" side and a good place to sit, watch, visit and have bloody marys.  They won't know for about 30 days.  If there is a sink hole, the insurance will buy the park model and the site will return to an RV site so nothing permanent can be placed on it.
Let the drilling begin.

Curiosity seekers & lots of noise.

Margie, Roger and Anne watch the action-cute dress Anne.

Really??  It's not that interesting!

Drilling 100'
In addition to  this action going on, it was time for my appointment to have my rig cleaned & polished.  I had called Professional Coach Services and Roger decided since they were going to be here, he would have his coach cleaned too.  It took about 45 minutes to wash it and then about 1.5 hrs to wax it.  Also as part of the deal they would do my car.  My coach has a bit of oxidation on it so it doesn't shine up like a full body paint job.  But boy, does it look better.  I'll definitely call these folks next year 'cause it's a lot better than me spending 2 days doing it myself and working up all that sweat!  A buffer sure is the tool to have if one is going to polish their own rig.  Three workers ascended the ladder and had the roof cleaned in no time at all.  It was amazing to see all the dirt coming off the top, well, not really, I've been under an oak tree for five months.
Car looks good.

Three guys working makes it go faster.

Look at that stretch!

They even did windows.  A keeper...

Just in case I lose their business card.   $250 wash/polish rig/car.
Margie brought Sedona a cute little sun dress and it looks so cute.  You will see pictures later she got a little too hot in a dress today.  We are supposed to get more windy storms tomorrow so the (clean) awning went in so I wouldn't have to get up too early in the a.m. to put put it up.

Eleven more days till I head out.  I'll have to admit I've got hitch-itch bad, (and that's not a disease.)

Later...

2 comments:

Beckles said...

Just another day in paradise!! You gals make everything a party....and that's a great idea! Can't wait to see Sedona's dress!! What is her favorite color?

Margie and Roger said...

Yes, Beckie, we use every event, no matter how insignificant, to have a Bloody Mary, Lemon Drop, or wine. Come on down to Florida - you're missing a lot of parties. I'm sure we could come up with a Margarita for you.