Friday, June 4, 2010

Nothin' Much

I've spent most of the day getting ready for Taylor's visit which will begin tomorrow and last until I leave. In fact I'll meet her Daddy somewhere up North for him to pick her up. I'm excited. I think she will have a good time visiting with Gran. Hope so anyway, you know it's so hard for a 13 yo, will be 14 next month, let's just hope we don't kill each other.

I did the laundry and just about sweated every oz of liquid out of my body. I have to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate like crazy. It's not for the fact that I'm drinking adult beverages to hydrate either. It's just a fact. It is now oppressively hot in paradise.

It stormed last night and the wind was vicious so I thought today would be pleasant. Wrong! The humidity is something else. The temperature is not that hot, around 87 degrees but it's the humidity, dahling.

I went to have my oil changed and that took about 3 hours at Sears. Hey, gas prices has dropped down here. It's $2.82 gal. That's pretty good considering when I got here it was $3.07. Can't imagine what it is on the mainland. Like the way I said that "mainland?" Yep, just rolled right off the ole tongue.

I love my Crocs but I wear them out so easily. I walk everywhere in them and they just get thin on the bottoms. Well I found a pair of Dawgs that have a Firestone tread sole that should last longer than the Crocs. With the 3-strap shoe I can take the back strap off and wear it as a slip on sandal. I can wear them with my cute socks in the winter too.

Well, it's about time for me to go do my water aerobics. Just heard from the kids and they are in Key Largo for the night and will be on down early in the morning. I just love it when a plan comes together.

Oh, you have got to see Margie's blog that has her dog Annie's movie of when Margie leaves her motor home. She is talking. Funny thing was when I was listening to it, Sedona was sitting beside me, her ears perked up and she started talking to Annie. It was just a little funny. When I Skype people or talk on the phone with the speaker on, Sedona talks to Theda or Sandra or Debbie. She doesn't talk to Shirley because she knows my dear sister is not a dog person. The little fur babies know these things. LOL

Later...

No comments: