Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Black Bear Cove in Benton TN

I know it's been a while since I have posted but a lot has been going on. Let's start with Memorial Day weekend. Jonathan's grandmother passed. Gladys Wilson was a good mother-in-law and a very good grandmother to Jonathan in spite of the split between his father and I when he was three. She was in her 90's and lived a very good life until the last six months when her mind began to fail her.
So in order to spend time with Jonathan and Taylor during this time I called the Black Bear Cove RV Resort to see if they had any sites available on short notice. They had one. It was meant for me to be there



Behind the cg is the Hiwassee River. It was about 10 degrees cooler sitting down by the river and was just a nice place to get away. You can tell Roy thinks the water is cold.




My great nephew, Jacob, put my never used grill together.







My immediate family is from around that area so we were able to spend time together and be there for Jonathan & Taylor at the same time. Being in the area gave us all support. At one point there were 27 people at the campsite, visiting and enjoying each other's company and stoking the fire for dinner and later, smores.








Nephews Roy and Jerry and Great Nephew Jacob furnished the fire wood and built the fire and kept it stoked.

It was good for me too. His brother Josh put my new 22" flat screen LCD up with a wall mount. I took the big TV out of the cavernous hole that can now be used for terrific storage. I just had all kinds of help.


The resort has a lodge and a very nice restaurant that the local go to for special occasions. It's a little pricey for the area but apparently very good. The owners came up from Atlanta where he was a contractor. They have three phases of the resort. They began with the lodge and restaurant; then came the RV park which is well done. It has a few narrow roads approaching it and all the roads are gravel inside the park but it didn't cause a problem. If you get on the single digit sites there is a line of trees that offer great shade in the evening.

The sewer taps are too high, since when does sewer run uphill when emptying??? I will definitely stay at this cg again. One thing to note during high season or holidays, visitors must pay $5 per vehicle to come in and believe me, there is a little drill sergeant who makes sure everyone is following all the rules. I liked it so much, I decided to stay another day. It was worth it.

Later...

2 comments:

Teresa Brooks said...

Looks like a fabulous place and so many people I don't even know. We need a reunion.

Margie and Roger said...

Did you take a photo of the new TV? Sounds like what we want to do. I saw one on the Internet and it seemed like a great idea.