Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's been ONE year!

As of today, it was one year ago today that I became the proud owner of my 35' Itasca Sunrise, Somewhere. I'll admit that I haven't taken her out like I had originally planned and I blame that one on the high gas prices and the new computer roll-out at work that caused me to travel more with work.

I am so happy that I made the decision to go ahead and get her when I did. It has, however, made me want to retire so much earlier. But you know, in a few days, it's gonna be 2009 and it will only be about 6 months. That is if finances improve. Hey, the way I look at it. I have a very good paying job. It may be that I just start taking some longer vacations in Somewhere and come back and add to my coffers. That's the good thing about my plans being in Jello, they can constantly change, move and groove. I can go with the flow and not feel at all bad about it. If I hated my job, that would be different!

I have learned quite a bit about my Itasca. I have had experiences each time I have gone out in her that has added to my knowledge of what to do, mostly what not to do. LOL I have kept my sense of humor through it all and know that I was beginning on a zero basis and only had to go up to improve. I believe I'm doing quite well.

Would I do it again? You betcha! I think of the time when Jonathan was young. Why didn't I do it then? The fun we could have had and the places we could have gone. Oh well, that's looking back and I'm all about going forward! Jonathan can enjoy it with me now and probably be able to appreciate it more. Plus I'm got my dgd, Taylor and I know she will have fun.

Am I concerned about the future? Sure, just like everyone else. Things will work out how they are intended. My dearly departed Mother, Martha, always told me to not worry about things I have no control over. I have tried to listen to those great words of advice and I think I'm pretty good about not worrying. Things probably won't work on my timeline, but they will work. Remember I'm moving forward.

Oh, I've got some great plans around the holidays. We will be going to Stone Mountain, Ga and enjoy their Christmas in the park and then Snow Mountain. Somewhere will be our home and we can play all day and all night if we want. It will be fun to spend New Year's eve and New Years with family at the park.

It has been fun planning this trip. I want to cook and save a little on eating out so what's the menu for three for seven days. My goodness, this will be most groceries I have packed for Somewhere. I asked my dgd, Taylor, to take one day and plan the menu and cook for us. She seemed thrilled. See I don't get to be around her much and I like to include what she is "into" when we are together. She is growing up so fast.

But I digress from the planning. See I have to take decorations to dress Somewhere up for the holidays. Presents, of course. Food, but I've mentioned that already. Clothes, OMG, I've got to have clothes to play in the snow, bulky coats & stuff for staying warm. I'm so excited. It will be fun.

Today is my third day of not smoking. See I quit for about 6 years is 2002. 18 mos or so ago I started dabbling in it, fooling myself that if I just have one here, or there or while sitting at the one armed bandit that I could just put them down when I got home. Then came Edison, oh boy, I really used that as an excuse. I just started smoking more and more. I didn't like and I know it is definitely not good for my health. Why quit now? See I'm gonna be spending 7-8 days with my dgd and I sure don't want to disappoint her and I don't want to miss anytime with her. You know, smokers now have to go outside everywhere. I would go outside of Somewhere and I'm afraid I'll miss something. So wish me luck, I need luck & prayers. Thanks in advance.

Had a great celebration last night. Chad, my financial advisor with Waddell Reed, invited some of his clients to the Nashville City Club for dinner and entertainment. Food was great. Senator Diane Black spoke to us. The real entertainment was a magician, Rodney. He interacted with the audience. I had met him before the dinner and we were cutting up. When it was his turn on stage, he called me up to "help" out on a few tricks. It was funny and fun. I think I helped warm up other participants to be willing to get up there. Nothing much better than getting the audience involved.

One other thing, I went to Verizon today and got a new phone. My other would only hold a charge for about 10 minutes and it was time for my 2-yr renewal. While there I bit the bullet, I went with Verizon Broadband. I'll let you know how it goes. I got the 5 GB plan and will try it for the first month, I may be able to get to a lesser plan. Updates will follow off and on.

That's about it for right now. As you can guess, things are pretty busy right now so don't know when I'll get to post again. If not before Christmas, I hope all of those of you who read this blog, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God Bless you all.

Later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

Congratulations to you and Somewhere! Wow! I can't believe it has been a year already. Seems like yesterday we went to Cracker Barrel and then to meet Somewhere.

Hope you have a great Christmas with your family and Somewhere - I'm sure you will because you always have fun.

Margie