Friday, December 5, 2008

Cruise account from the eyes of Buffett

I'm stepping aside from this post to give space to my travelling buddy, Buffett. Here is his account of the Cruise on the Carnival Miracle, November 21-29,2008.

Whooppee! Look at this! I'm on the balcony of this really big boat, hope I can hang on long enough with my toes so that I don't fall into this big water.

We had a great time. I thought I was going to be lonesome sitting in the room all day but Carolyn & Theda let me come out every once in a while. The fun thing was when this stranger came into the room, I believe his name was Ed, he would make me friends to play with and I could just fly around the room and rest on them. What do you think?

The monkey was the most fun because I could just snuggle up inside his belly and stay all nice and warm. Carolyn & Theda like it cold in their room.

It would seem that as I was flying around having fun and jamming down, Theda would come in and snap a picture. Speaking of jamming down. I had my very own juke box. So there was no way I was going to be bored on this trip.

We sailed on this boat for two days. I heard Carolyn & Theda talking that it was sure going to be good to be at sea two days before and two sea days after their trips to the islands. It was sure good for me, rockin' & rollin'.

I gotta tell you about two friends I made early on. They look weird, but kind of look like what something from my home island would look like. These two friends are called Monkeyheads. All I heard Carolyn talking about was I have got to get a drink in a Monkeyhead. She had this button she wore all the time saying she was a Coconut Monkeyhead Waster and she had to have a Monkeyhead. So here they are. My new buddies. It's official, Carolyn is a member of the Carnival Coconut Monkeyhead Wasters club and so are Theda, Jonathan, Jonnica, Becky, and anyone else who wanted to be. It was pretty cool. I had some company the rest of the cruise in the room. Carolyn says she is going to use them as decoration and tiki lights with her RV, Somewhere. And I'm sure you know I'm gonna be there every step of the way.

On the third day, I knew something exciting was happening. Room service came and Carolyn & Theda were fixing picnic lunches and they were mixing drinks and all kinds of fun stuff. They packed bags and guess what???? I was placed in one of the bags with my head sticking out, "I was gonna go somewhere else!" "Yippee" Maybe I'm gonna find my home! I'm told we are going to St Maarten. Here is a pictures of Theda, Becky and Carolyn with me in my hammock looking out on the water.
Theda is always taking good care of me. I'm sure Carolyn is off in the water somewhere or walking down the beach, but Theda is looking out after me. There is a little guy bringing some buckets with bottles in them, hum, wonder what they can be? They call it beer! Yummy, I think I like it. Makes you feel all warm inside. Hum! I need to fly around a little. Let's see where I can lite? Looks like a mighty cozy place to me. Hey and we can jam out here to. Hey, Carolyn, why is everyone always going into the water? I guess we can walk around and see what the sites are in St Maarten on the Dutch side. I've been looking at some pretty kewl places to lite. Come go with me!
This looks like something fun to do. Can we? Can we? NO! Okay then can I? Can I? Buffett can! Buffett can!
No Buffett, that's not your home! It may look like it but it's not!
Look at Buffett, between the girls!! Wow, I sure like this island, it reminds me of my home! I am gonna look for my home, maybe I'll stay.

Now, I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord to find my home! Buffett, shame on you, get down from there! That's not nice of you, however it is a nice statue. Whooweeee, that beer sure makes you do crazy things!

Okay it's back to that big ol ship and back to the cabin, I guess. Today sure was fun. Wonder what we get to do next? Oh, I think I heard some say it's on to St Lucia and snorkling! Wonder if I get to go snorkling??? Wonder if I get to drink some of that beer! Well it really was nasty but what the heck, everyone else seemed to like it. Ron sure can put it away.

Wow, we aren't packing up as much for this island, wonder why?
Theda is not going to let me go into the water. She said there was not a snorkle small enough for me.
Sandra is letting me say hi to Carolyn, she has been out in that water a long time. She needs to come in now. I need to show her what I found on this boat. It sure is a lot better than that old beer from yesterday. I'm popular. Every body wants to have their picture made with me, even Becky.










This boat is sure a lot faster that that big one we are on for the whole week. We could have been around Cuba a couple of times as fast as this thing goes.


Now this looks like my home! Do you think Carolyn will let me stay?









We are back from our day of snorkling so I guess that means that I have to go back to my cabin. It sure has been pretty. This weather reminds me of my home island. Guess I'll look for it tomorrow.

I heard that today we are going to be going on an island tour of St Kitts. We are all going, even me. I get to sit up front. I won't have a seat belt on but it will be okay.
Now this must be my home! I'm meant to be here. I can look at the Atlantic Ocean on the left and see the Caribbean Sea on my right! I'm in heaven!



Now, Carolyn set up this island tour for all of us to go with Royston Tours. The guy was going to furnish lunch and beer (Yuk) and rum punch (yummy.) His van was going to take us all, there were 10 humans and me! We wait out front for him to pick us up and guess what? Royston pulls up in the green frog looking thing called Rogie. Carolyn looks in this van and says it won't hold all of us. Then Ron & Becky decide not to go and we all decide to pile in this van for our half day tour of the island. Note the 1/2 day. We have to be back at the ship at 3:30 p.m ship time.

We had the best time. I don't know what everyone was laughing, worrying about and all that stuff humans do, I was perfectly fine on my perch and between me and Theda we could see everything that was happening.


I could even watch Royston when he had to get out of the van on a very narrow road and fill in a huge hole (big enough to swallow the van) with rocks & boulders around on the side of the road. Did I mention that the humans were laughing and crying at the same time? This was one of those times.

Anyway, back to the trip. Royston took us to see some beautiful sights of the island. This trip was an adventure and we saw sights of the island that I bet no body else who went on a tour got to see. We even went off roading. Royston was not drinking.


At the Batik factory I met some more friends.
Actually I think Sandra was trying to hook me up with these two long necked birds. They weren't my type. Don't you think it is silly the way she was trying to make me look like I was flying. Oh, I just say humor the humans.

I know this is not my home, but I sure like hanging out in these kind of trees. I think they are called date palms. Guess that means if I get hungry I'll have some fresh fruit to eat.

Remember when I said we went on an adventure, off roading? Here is a picture of Jonathan taking a picture of us in the middle of a field on top of a mountain.
It was a site to behold and Royston said it was one of his favorite places on the island of St Kitts and I can sure see why! It was a little scarey and adventurous. It made for a great day.

Ft Brimstone was where we stopped for lunch and other refreshments. Need I say more, Carolyn told me a picture was worth a thousand words. What do you think?















The island of St Kitts is a beautiful one. On the way back to the ship I heard family talking about the Thanksgiving dinner they were going to have tonight. They also talked about what they were most thankful for and how it was nice to be together on the ship together to celebrate this holiday. The whole time I never heard any one say they were thankful for me, Buffett. What's up with that? Is it because I'm just one more fur baby, well not a live one but you get the drift! Anyway it was a good Thanksgiving '08 holiday!


After all I got to do on the islands, the last two days at sea were boring for me but not for Carolyn and the rest of the group. I heard them talking about dancing and doing shots (I sure hope they were not shooting guns!) and pulling one armed bandits. I hope there were no pirates on this cruise but I did hear Carolyn comment that she had been held up! Don't know what that means. At least we are all Monkeyhead wasters and that means we can't complain about stuff on a cruise.

Another thing, I'm not looking for another home, I have a home with Carolyn, Sedona and that other yet to be named pink flamingo. Life is good!

I like this cruising thing. I hope I get to go again. You will hear from me as I travel with Carolyn in Somewhere. This is just a sign of things to come. Enjoy.

Later...

3 comments:

beckles1 said...

Memories!! Sure miss that warm weather....and Buffett of course!!

Bec

Teresa Brooks said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Love the way you used Buffet to tell the story.

Margie and Roger said...

Hey Carolyn,

I love Buffet! What a crazy bird! He is just perfect for your travels in Somewhere. Sounds like everyone had a great time on the cruise. I was laughing so hard when Buffet passed out!

Margie