Saturday, September 20, 2008

Almost over!

Man o man, what an interesting week. Travel/training is almost over and on 9/25 we will find out if the training on the new Edison program was successful. Like I always say, you can give the learner the information, what she/he chooses to do with it is up to her/him. Thursday will be the day which everyone will be able to enter their own time and managers can begin approving on 9/30. Time will tell.

Tuesday, 9/16, was an interesting time. It was the first day 38,000 employees could access the system, change their passwords and check out their personal information. OMG, didn't think it would slow down that much. I can only imagine what will happen on Thursday of this next week.

It has been so good to be involved in this huge change in state government but I would really like to have been able to take the buyout and be gone. I would like to be changing my front yard, often.

Speaking of that. If this darn stock market doesn't quit doing it's up & down, I'll never be able to afford to retire. If I am broke or can't sell my condo by June, I'll keep working until I can. Sure couldn't afford to retire and keep my condo. I'll take it one day at a time.

The gas is going crazy in Nashville. All the stations are running out of gas and the ones that have gas have cars lined up for five blocks or more. Seems we are the only place in TN having difficulty getting gasoline. Wouldn't you know it.

Somewhere hasn't been moved in a while so it's just as well since gas has been hard to find. It's not so much that the gas is high, $3.69 gal, it's that there is none. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to go up to Clarksville and check her out and maybe move her a little.

Tuesday on my way back from my last out of town training in Memphis I will pick up Sedona. Yipppeee. Gosh it seems like she has been gone forever. I hope she remembers me and isn't spoiled too bad. I sure miss the little one.

Speaking of little one, my friend Sandra who lost her furbaby has found a new baby. Maggie is a 1 lb 14 oz full yorkie. Haven't seen her yet so it will be fun to take Sedona over to visit with little Miss Maggie.

Only 62 more days until my 8 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean. I will be so ready to get on the ship and relax.

Tennessee Vols are playing the Fl Gators and getting stomped. I think most of the team (QB) forgot to show up. It is half-time and the score is 27-0, Gators. UGH, I sure hate the way the Vols are playing this year. Well, I'll be darned, we just scored so it's 27-6. OOPS, the refs are looking at the play, will they call it back? The Vols may not have a TD. I'll let you know. NOPE, not a TD yet and the VOLS don't do well when they are that close to the goal line and the whistle blows, end of the 3rd quarter. GOT IT! GIVE HIM 6!, no make that 6! Yuck!

I'm trying to sell a few things on Craigslist so I can get my townhome "staged" for sale the first of the year. I need to declutter. Since I am beginning to wind down from working so much overtime, I'm beginning to think of all the things I need to do before I can put my townhome on the market.

Later...

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

Hi Carolyn,
I can relate to your problems with the stock market! I am so disgusted! So...who has MY money?? I sure don't! Glad your training is almost over! Sedona will be soooo glad to see you again.

Margie