Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday's Are Closing In

Nothing much going on around here today.  I arrived in Etowah TN on Saturday after spending some time in Nashville.  While I was in Nashville on Friday I went to Dr Holmes and got my usual blood work done and got the results today.  Everything is good, all my counts went down and he said to continue what I've been doing.  He would like to see me drop some pounds (wouldn't I too) but he was happy that my activity level was up.

Yesterday my nephew Jimmy and his wife, Ann, invited us over for dinner after church.  Their granddaughter, Addyson, is in from PA and their son who is stationed in RI in the Coast Guard.  So that means that Addyson is my great, great niece.  Wow, when you start putting all those greats in front of something, does that mean I'm getting old?  Nah, it's like Jimmy Buffet says, "growing older but not up!"  I can live with that saying.  Anyway it was a great lunch and it was fun to spend time with the Swayne's.

It seems that our family is getting so large (54-57 will be at the Christmas Eve gtg) that you don't get the time to spend with everyone intimately.  So it was good to sit around and find out what's going on with folks.

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful close family.  Jonathan and Taylor will arrive in Etowah on Wednesday and then they will be heading back to Orlando with me.

In the meantime, I got a call back from Disney who wanted me to be there 12/20, oh that's today.  I told them I was out of town and they said how about Jan 4.  So it looks like I may be employed once again.  Not sure I want to paint faces on little kids in the Pirates of the Caribbean but I may not have a choice.  Spending 6-8 hours a day with little ones is just not my cup of tea but maybe something else will open up by the time I get back. 

I had never watched Pirates of the Caribbean so Jimmy had the 3 movies and sent them home with me as homework.  I watched 2 last night while I was by myself and I now remember what didn't appeal to me when they first came out and I stand by my original thought.  What's so great about Pirates of the Caribbean?

I'll keep you posted if I get to be an employee of Disney.  Oops, I mean CAST member.  I'll have to get the old HR terminology out of my head as Disney has a whole new way of looking at employees.

Tomorrow is candy making day with the girls but trust me, I won't put you through another video of that adventure unless something really, really good happens.  Peanut butter roll will be the candy of the day.  Yummy, just what I need, more sugar.

Missing Somewhere and can't wait to get back.

Later...

3 comments:

Margie and Roger said...

Somewhere is just sitting here awaiting your return (so am I). Hope the weather improves.

Beckles said...

Gosh, it seems as though it was only yesterday that you wrote of candy making day, and shared the "VIDEO"!! What an awesome family you have!

Sharon said...

Painting faces on little angels is God's little "Hee Hee" to you for all of the times you've stepped over the line a wee bit! ROFLOL!